Freitag, 18. Juni 2010

Arriving in Kuraburi

15.6.2010:
After a wonderful flight where I had 3 seats on my own I arrived in Phuket to stay there over night as it was still too late to catch the bus to Kuraburi.
I was tired and just wanted some nice food so I didnt bother about a driver bringing me to which was probably the most expensive restaurant around (cost me about Euro 10,-) for a very nice fish curry and cold singha beer with seaview. The spicyness gave me my first hiccup which made my thailand-feeling complete!

16.6.2010
Caught the bus to Kuraburi (3 1/2h) to arrive in the pouring rain which you can hardly feel on your skin as the temperature is bodylike! I got to know 3 of the girls in the office> Karen (scottish), Laura (french) and Nan (thai) and after checking in in my spacious and pretty room we went to have lunch - suki, a delicious noodle soup with fresh vegetables and seafood....hmmmmmmm
In the afternoon, after getting orientated a bit, Karen and me went out with some local girls to help practice their english with them by doing a conversation and making a video. It was great as we did it at the close Kuraburi Pier!
In the evening we had a fantastic dinner with all the other staff from Andaman Discoveries and their friends. Sitting at the table with all of them, laughing and enjoying the food I did not feel like it was my first day but just so completly comfortable, that was amazing..! Thanks for this very warm welcome!!!

17.6.
In the afternoon, I was going out for some more english-conversation-action with different students. Their father was so nice, constantly feeding me with fruits, chips, prawns and cookies and in the end he even gave me a whiskey for present! I like. :)

18.6.
Last night, Janice and Andrew, 2 students from the states arrived and we went together with P' Tui and Laura to the Burmese School, one of Andaman Discoveries projects. It was just great to see those gorgeous kids with their happy little faces playing around and laughing!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen